The Vulnerability & Risk Assessment Toolkit
This is a practical tool to Oxfam’s Vulnerability and Risk Analysis (VRA)
More about the VRA
What is it?
A VRA is a multi-stakeholder process. It brings together women and men from different livelihoods, religions and socio-economic groups, including the private sector, with decision-makers from local and/or national governments.
Why do one?
- To promote dialogue, trust and shared action amongst different groups and stakeholders.
- To collaboratively generate useful information and action to inform a country strategy.
- To collaboratively support the design of a programme or project in a new area.
- As part of baseline assessments and end-term evaluations of a MEAL plan.
- To inform an advocacy, campaign or influencing strategy.
- To broaden the scope of resilience, livelihood, DRR or climate change adaptation programming.